Tuesday, August 19, 2008

THREE WORDS

Well, this was just a brainwave at 12 at night. Hope you will like it. And no, this has not been drawn from personal experience just in case you come to that conclusion.


Such a long time,
Since we sat under the star lit sky,
Such a long time,
Since holding my hands,
You said,
Those three words.

Lighting up my world with your smile,
Your arms drew me closer,
But it could never calm,
My heart straining to hear,
Those three words.

Interlinked fingers of ours,
Could not bring in the warmth,
The cold misted my mind,
My spirit crushed when I realised,
You never traced on the misty glass,
Those three words.

Never noticed the blinding lights,
The crashing sounds muted my screams,
Before realisation dawned,
My vision blanked before,
I hit the cold tar.

I felt your hands holding mine,
Before the first tear left my eyes,
I heard,
Those three words.

I love you,
That's what you said,
The warmth tingled my fingers,
My gasps for breath lengthened,
My grip on life was loosening,
I realised,

Easing out my hands from his,
Clinging to the last bit of life,
I whispered,
Those three words,
"It's too late"

2 comments:

  1. hahaha....whos this lucky and slow guy re?
    dont tell me u imagined some1 and wrote all this down urself....
    am not stupid enuf to buy that...
    i hope 1 day u will reveal his name...ON THIS BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...dats a really beautiful poem re..
    the flow of words is awesom!

    ReplyDelete