Thursday, November 5, 2009

Being positive

As the blog title suggests I am going to mention all the things which make my life fruitful, people who enrich my life and the silly things which I love doing. I am listing out these things because whenever I will be down and out, I will glance at this list and be thankful for all the things I have been blessed with.
1. I love to wake up to the sound of chirping birds- I still enjoy that luxury of seeing sparrows near my window every day.
2. I love it when my parents fuss over my food and get me all sort of junk food so that I can gain some weight.
3. I love to stroll and not run to the railway station to catch the train.
4. I can catch up with my friends at the station and happily chatter till we reach college.
5. I love the lunch time when everyone gathers around and pounce on each other’s dabba. If it’s paranthas for lunch, it will disappear even before you say ‘mujhe bhi chahiye’.
6. I enjoy the feeling that I can doze off during a boring lecture because my bench mate will wake me up when the professor stares.
7. I love the idle talk on the way to the railway station and missing trains just because you want to catch up on all the college news.
8. I love to snuggle under a warm blanket on a cool night and sleep pleasantly.
9. I love to stick to my cell phone 24/7. Although the recent reports of cancer causing radiations from them do give me enough reasons to stay away from it , but then it’s back to normal within a week.
10. I love the mixing of colours when I make a rangoli. The way one colour blends in with the other is a visual treat.
11. I love it when I make a little candle to gift someone and se their faces brighten up.
12. I love to see the arrays of earrings and bangles on display in the train. I wonder if anyone notices the way these shiny things catch the sunlight and reflect back beautiful rays.
13. I love it when my house is filled with little kids making a ruckus and when they finally manage with some efforts to call me ‘Sweee taa’
14. I love it when I dance like no one is watching during ganpati viserjan.
15. I love to close my umbrella and walk in the rain while at the same time jumping on poodles of water, never mind the curses showered by friends on me.
16. I love it when I can just go on sleeping and sleeping and sleeping and not worry about a thing in the world.
17. I love being around Pagu, Alias and Unpronounceable, who can sense it when I am feeling low and then cheer me up.
18. I love it when someone comments on the blog because I know somewhere they have taken the effort to read it.
19. I still love to sit on the swing in gardens until a child politely points it out to me that it is his turn.
20. And last but not the least, I love being myself :)

6 comments:

  1. gr8! its important to be urself!
    all these little things give so much satisfaction dont they?
    teenage life is just too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the happiness and joy that you get depends on others, and not you... why am i saying this...well i myself dont know..observed it...maybe life has to go that way...along with others...but maybe somewhere someday you should look for joys and happiness within ourselfs....dont know what i am saying...but anyways what matters is happiness let it come from anywhere...

    this was just to fullfil ur no.18th in the list..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you nickhil... We get so used to the people around us that our happiness too does't remain independent. thats the reason we experience pain so often.Thanks for writing in!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey....fantastic work...actually i m inspired by it.. e11 i m thinkin of makin a list lyk tht...much needed..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you agree....atleast someone agrees with me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find your work very fresh re...may be it is d 1st of a kind i am readin but i jus feel that ders so much innocense n fun in ur writings...it shows u really enjoy it..Awesom!! keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete