Sunday, July 17, 2011

First Steps

A lot has happened since I returned back to Mumbai. You know that saying about life balancing out everything? It seems to be so true. I managed to get a wonderful project with the downside of spending four hours in travelling. Thankfully, I do not have to face the wrath of rush hour since I leave for office pretty early and arrive home equally late.


This goes without saying that the weekends now have the status of festivals- sacred, brief and highly revered. I am now a miser when it comes to spending time on chores and meeting people, much to the agony of relatives and friends.


Sadly, I am yet to perfect the art of time management considering how pressed for time I usually am. The to-do list is hardly glanced at in the course of the day and as a consequence most of the items remain unchecked.


Oh, did I tell you about the rush of feel-good hormones on seeing the salary arrive in your account? Knowing that you are financially independent is a huge reassurance altogether especially when you have striven for four years to achieve it.


I know my writing might seem a bit haywire but I am pouring my random thoughts together with the hope it makes some sense to you. I believe writing things down is the best way to take stock of your life, it gives you a third-person dimension to your perception about the proceedings of life and may help me chalk out a plan for future. Till then, I shall go with the flow hoping that whatever happens is for the best.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you all :)
    Writing after such a huge break has been tough, I feel kind of rusty. But the comments always make my day. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. life balancing out everything..Not true alwayz....U knw y m saying tht...Long distance travellign + a bad proj... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey don't lose heart. There is always something better in store, for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wht i liked more is your command on language !
    impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Prasad, though there is a 3 BHK room for improvement ;)

    ReplyDelete