Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back From Self-Imposed Exile

Exile sounds like a pretty good excuse for being absent from the blogging scene for the past few months. Only that it has been true. The last few months have be a smorgasbord of events, not necessarily good, and I tried not to write about them here because I did not want to vent out something I would later regret.


From where do I start now? I have been experiencing pre-quarter life crisis for some time. While the questions of where I am heading  has been constant at all phases of my life, it is restless feeling of not having done enough has been nagging me. I never set delusional targets for myself so it is pretty disappointing to see myself at the same place as last year.


To top it, my friends have moved to different locations out of India and it has started to sink in a month after they left. Suddenly, there are so many things left unsaid and so many hugs left pending. Guys, if you are reading this, I miss you terribly!


Suddenly, suddenly, I have come into the limelight for reasons I am not comfortable with. The big M factor has arrived in my life. My parents seem apparently burdened with finding a suitable groom for their daughter and I am burdened with the responsibility of making sure that my Facebook profile is non-controversial and does not, in any sense, make me appear rebellious and non-domesticated *snorts derisively*.

That day, I was chatting with a friend and cribbing about how I always manage to stay in control. That day, we went ice-skating. Except that it was not ice, it was deadly marble that could smash your skull (No kidding). While my friends were skating and crashing with reckless abandon, I was this cautious figure staying close to the railings. Before I knew, the time was up. Is this how my life is ultimately going to wind up? I still shudder at the thought.


So that is basically the last few months summed up in this post. I know it is not exactly happening but there comes a time in everyone's life when they have to sit down and sort their things into two piles - things they can live without and things they cannot. A point will come when they will have to ask themselves, "Do you really need this in your life?".

No one said growing up would be this eventful.

7 comments:

  1. Seems like we all are having too much things or events happening around us since we left college..

    i am scared to changes happening in my life, even if they are good, i always have that anxiety ..
    i always needed some time adapt to new things.

    relatives around me look at me like a paycheck and suddenly i get to know that oh i am so important.

    god !! i just hate this feeling.. really want to go back to school or college.. :( miss those days...

    i am fighting with my career,love, friends... great post shwetha & i do agree with u. its time to sit,relax, think and decide what am i going to do in next 2 years..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we had a lot going on in our lives even when we were in college but only that time circumstances were friendlier.

      And it is great you are thinking of sitting down to sort out your life, because I still have not gathered enough courage to do so. All the best.

      Delete
  2. Awesome post, dont worry everything will get better soon... Be positive.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to blogging..
    Dont worry, everything will be alright soon...this time (good or bad)will be past sooner..till then take experience of life :)

    ReplyDelete