Saturday, June 18, 2011

Chapter 1- The First Steps

The toughest thing to say is a goodbye and strangely I find it easier to say it to people than your town. With people, you are hopeful of bumping into them someday but the town remains stoic and rooted, willing you to return back as you search for familiarity in an alien city.


The crossed out dates formed a mosaic on the calendar and with the big leap day inching forward, I found myself experiencing varied emotions- the fresh air of independence mingled with the smell of uncertainty. All I knew was that I had taken the leap of faith, I could either soar or land into a dump.


As the taxi jerked at the signal, I was grateful for the extra time to gape at the historic buildings in CST. The countless sculptures and carvings adorning the buildings added a soft touch to its mammoth structure. As the train pulled into Mumbai Central station, I kept asking myself, "Why am I leaving this beautiful city for something unknown?"


The station was a familiar scene of chaos and was lucky enough to spot my friends looking as lost as I was. Warm hugs, teary farewells, promises to keep in touch, gifts, thank you's and waving till the station went out of sight......Amid all this, I kept asking myself, ""Why am I leaving this beautiful city for something unknown?"



5 comments:

  1. nice once...short and sweet...waiting for chp 2.......:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really awesome n touching.... keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blogs. I read al ur blogs, felt really good. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes its best not to question things... coz the answer lies in what we are going to do.

    can connect to you on that one though. as a child i have been to various place never felt anything. untill the last time when i started to know what friends are...

    but now years later i can just re live these moments... Still have no answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dilip- Unfortunately, there is going to be none. Fortunately, you do know rest of the story.

    @Anonymous- Thanks for the feedback, although I would really appreciate if I come to know your real identity.

    @Santosh- Thanks for the encouragement.

    @Nikhil- All I know is that whatever happens is for the best. The best way is to go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete