Sunday, September 4, 2011

I Remember...

.. the time when I was a kid (and that seems like a century ago), I was so obsessed about saving things for the future. To cite an example, my siblings and I used to get this small pack of Frooti when the summer heat got unbearable- a luxury those days. While the rest of the gang would gulp it down greedily, I would finish off a quarter of the mango drink and hide the pack in the refrigerator so that it could be relished later. The next day, unfortunately, the Frooti pack was never to be seen and I spent the rest of the day questioning the suspects and cursing myself for such damaging foresight.


Now that I think of it, I realise what a waste of efforts saving for the future is. You postpone that holiday thinking you would go for it when you have a fatter bank balance; you go in for graduating in something you are not interested in, thinking that you shall follow your heart after getting a 'safe' degree; you procrastinate checking with the doctor for that achy feeling in your knees because you are too scared what might turn up... we push everything for the future without even knowing if it exists. When I get old, I do not want to end up sighing over the things I could have done and mulling over how life would have been if only I had listened to my heart. It is time to take stock of my life.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks dear :)
    Most of the times I do not make sense but it is straight from the heart!

    ReplyDelete