Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Shopping :D

If someone were to describe the XX chromosome species, the usual suspected adjectives pop up- extra emotional, chatterbox and giggly and hence it is not without reason that I strongly object to stereotyping of girls/women especially when the description is so unflattering.


Being born in a khandaan where majority of my cousins turned out to be boys, it was initially tough to keep up with them. Over the years, they religiously wiped out every feminine trait that irritated them and molded me according to their
convenience. As a result, I find it really hard to comprehend why a group of girls have to burst out in giggling fits every few seconds. Or why they have to apply nail paint going with the outfit. Duh!


But shopping is something that I absolutely love and for a change I am ready to get stereotyped since I am absolutely hooked. Of course, the fact that I am not earning is the only factor that has managed to put a hold on my expenditure so I make do with window shopping :D


So anyways, I was seized with this strong desire to shop so I took my Mum as partner-in-crime and managed to extract a generous sum from Dad. We landed at Dombivli and my jaw dropped at the reasonable prices of everything on the lane full of shops. The prices were so competitive and reasonable, I didn't even feel the need to bargain and on the rare occasion I asked for a discount, I did so guiltily.


I am in love with sarees nowadays so let me Mum buy as many as possible while I settled for two dress materials(four hundred each!) . There is an oh-so-elegant air around the person who wears a saree and will surely draw enough admiration if paired with appropriate accessories. I seriously fail to understand why the younger lot of my generation looks down upon this six yard wonder because honestly I believe it complements the Indian woman. I do agree that the comfprt level provided is a debatable issue, but surely we can skip comfort for a while to look pretty.


This saree below was the clear winner and I have already set my evil eyes upon it, waiting for some chance to wear it-even if the occasion turns out to be not-so-important. Will be too happy to keep you updated with my saree obsession so stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. wear a Saree to ur office on d first day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really have this crazy desire to do so :)

    ReplyDelete