Sunday, October 3, 2010

I Almost Fainted....

.... when I was out shopping at D-Mart yesterday. Mom had given me a list and it was very boring because I had to do it alone. Plus the store is a good fifteen minute walk from my place and with the kind of weather Mumbai is having nowadays, I almost risked a sunstroke by the time I reached the place.


The list was really small consisting of really essential stuff which the friendly neighborhood kirana guy does not stock and I was strictly instructed not to stray away from the list and shop according to my whims and fancies. Sigh! Now you know why I was not that eager to go shopping.


So I was lugging around the basket(I had deliberately not opted for the trolley since I get seized by this weird urge to fill it up to the brim) and browsing through the cosmetics section to get a face wash. I don't fit into the mold of a typical girl who researches every beauty product- my only criteria was the price and was able to decide on one in a jiffy.


There were two guys besides me who were checking out the array of creams,face washes,cleansers,toners and moisturizers(but not me :( ). But what shocked me was their very serious and informed discussion on the various products. "Oh, I have tried this, it is very mild but if your skin is dry then go for ....", "See, never use products which claim to clear off oil from your face, it will only increase oily secretions from the face....", "Hey this is a new one, lets try it out" and so on.


After a few minutes of deliberation, they zeroed in onto a product and left while I stood rooted to the spot wondering since when did guys become so conscious of their appearance. I have always liked the way in which guys get ready in a jiffy(and still look adorable). Whatever happened to the concept of 'tall,dark and handsome' or am I the only one stuck with the classic concept of a nice guy?


I returned back home carrying two bags and again got fried in the sun(What is up with the weather these days?). My brother and I have this ritual of emptying every bag that comes inside our house, search for relevant things and leave the rest on the floor for Mom to clear up later,albeit grudgingly. I asked my brother to find the face wash for me since I could not spot it in the heap. A few minutes later, he was looking at the face wash rather strangely only to ask later "I am keeping this. My skin got all bad from the sun. And the next time you go to D-Mart, let me know coz I wanted a skin cream". WTH!

3 comments:

  1. ek dmart jake aayi toh itna nakhra!! aur bhai ka terese jyada nakhra!! waah kya family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oye, tu Dmart ja in the hot sun and carry three full bags and then reply :P
    Aur nakhra kiska rehta hai mujhe pata hai... Who runs his hands through hair hundred times a day and flinches when someone touches your hair? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anand....rite.....as if hum log dhup me ghumte hee nahi hai...;)

    ReplyDelete